- Job Title: Operations Executive
- Job Reference: CH361384TewOEv2
- Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
Who we are – Gullivers Sports Travel & Events International
The Travelopia Events Division is formed by Gullivers Sports Travel and Events International. Based in modern offices in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, we’ve come a long way from our high street beginnings back in the 70’s. The current management team have been busy over the recent years shaping the company into the business we are today, bringing together Gullivers Sports Travel and Events International, the market leaders in both sports travel packages and premium VIP Hospitality packages all under one roof!
We are a fun team who work hard, have a wide range of interests and value being successful, love being at events and enjoy working together. We pride ourselves on being the best in everything we do.
We are part of Travelopia, the World’s largest collection of Specialist Travel brands.
What you will be doing
You’ll love everything about event operations, bringing an incredible work ethic, and enjoy the planning and delivery of events, juggling spreadsheets, table plans and manifests whilst equally feeling comfortable talking to customers. Just as comfortable working with a team and using our systems as you are working individually with your own tasks and responsibilities. You’ll also be happy working with suppliers old and new, and comfortable that a focus on profitability is in everything you do.
This role will be busy, with plenty of customer interaction whether in person, over the phone or by email, delivering excellent customer service is what you will strive for. You will be the face of the company to our customers and the successful person in this role will enjoy taking on that responsibility. At peak times your role will also have the opportunity to work across different teams including both the Gullivers and Events International brands.
Reporting into the Event Manager these are some of the items you can expect to be doing and responsible for:
- Developing and managing Supplier relationships
- Handling incoming customer calls, emails and queries
- Proactively contacting customers with regular updates regarding their booking and to ensure we have all the required information
- Supporting the Event Manager and Head of Operations on event deliveries including overseas
- Taking ownership for your own set of events
- Creating fantastic customer event documentation
- Contacting clients in relation to any unpaid debts
- Delivering high quality staff briefings
- Assisting the Event Manager in ensuring event profit targets are met
- Sourcing supplier costs and quotes for best buying on event spend
- Keeping the website up to date with relevant content
- Being responsible for the accurate and efficient day to day use of the reservations system
- Providing information to our in-house flights team
- Assisting the Event Manager in sourcing staff to act as event representatives
- Ensuring all Health and Safety and Incident Management documents are correctly filled out
- Creating Emails for mass communications using systems
- Ensuring stock control and reporting sales data
What we’re looking for
On top of all your organisational and communication talents is being a great, fun person to work with; we are a positive and friendly team who support each other, and we are looking at add to our already fantastic team dynamic. If you are someone who is looking for responsibility, to be given ownership of projects and events and you can be flexible to changing deadlines & tasks then this is the role for you.
- Confidence in decision-making
- Event experience
- Positive outlook and can-do attitude
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in your work
- Customer service experience and passion for delivering great customer service
- Highly organised
- Able to prioritise your workload and take direction to meet deadlines
- Team Player
- Strong communication skills – as comfortable in a 1-1 as you are presenting to a group
- Calm under pressure
- Unwavering commitment to the task
- Willing to Travel
- Great phone and email manner
- Ability to identify and create profit opportunities
- Great Excel skills
If you have a passion for event operations, love sports and travel then this is the vacancy for you! We can offer you the chance to work on bucket list sporting events, travel, earn a competitive salary, increase earnings with a bonus scheme, a great team environment, a modern office, monthly staff socials, some flexible working and if that isn’t enough, we have free fruit too! You will have the support of a fantastic operations team who successfully deliver operations to events around the world.